Did you know that life insurance ownership among Hispanic Americans is at 41%, which is well below the U.S. average at 50%, and has declined 13 points in the past 11 years?
The Hispanic community also expresses the highest need for life insurance: 51% say they need life insurance, or more of it.
These are just two of the findings from the 2022 Insurance Barometer Study by Life Happens and LIMRA that highlight the Hispanic community’s need for life insurance.
That’s why, as we look toward the start of Hispanic Heritage Month on September 15, Life Happens is offering a full suite of resources in Spanish and English, in keeping with our ongoing commitment to reach diverse audiences.
This was not just a “translate and done” initiative. Instead, it was fueled by our in-depth research, as well as close work with our Diversity Advisory Group to develop specific resources that would speak directly to the Hispanic community. These resources address common myths and misconceptions that may stand in the way of getting coverage. And importantly, these resources are in English and Spanish.
New assets and marketing materials include:
- A complete social media calendar in Spanish for Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15 to October 15. This includes graphics, videos and animations—and their suggested post captions in Spanish.
- Our popular Life Insurance 101 video (you can embed this on your website here) and brochure now in Spanish.
- Life Happens’ Life Insurance Needs Calculator now available in Spanish: Calculadora de necesidades de seguro de vida.
- Real Life Stories videos, flyers and graphics featuring Hispanic people who personally benefited from life, disability or long-term care insurance.
- A new Myths flyer that highlights three common myths the Hispanic community has about life insurance and corresponding Myth vs. Fact graphics.
And don’t forget the extensive Life Insurance Awareness Month content we have in both English and Spanish featuring LIAM spokesperson Roselyn Sánchez! Her message emphasizes that getting life insurance is an easy decision to make for the ones you love. Check out her LIAM campaign assets here.
Diverse insurance professionals are invited to join Life Happens’ Diverse Voices Facebook Group, where we engage the industry in discussion on how we can better reach diverse populations year-round.
We look forward to seeing how you use the resources during Hispanic Heritage Month—and beyond!