As you may know, disability insurance is arguably the most misunderstood of all major insurances. To show you the impact we have all made together during May, we’re highlighting our top Disability Insurance Awareness Month campaign activities and results. This year’s campaign theme focused on protecting your most valuable asset — your income.
1. 760K+ impressions were generated from live media coverage.
2. Scott Rider, a former financial advisor diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease at age 47, made headlines as our Disability Insurance Awareness Month spokesperson. Read more from Think Advisor!
3. Life Happens’ new Disability Insurance 101 video was viewed more than 589K times.
4. Life Happens’ disability insurance needs calculator was visited online more than 2K times — a 185% increase from April 2021.
5. Company partners participated in the greater disability insurance conversation on social media, including Mutual of Omaha, New York Life, Prudential, Ameritas, Lincoln Financial, and Colonial Life.
6. DIAM garnered 5+ million impressions on social media.
So many of you participated in this campaign by sharing our educational resources and informing consumers about the overall benefits of disability insurance. Without you and your support, this campaign would not have been as successful. Thank you!