This year, we celebrate the 20th anniversary of Life Insurance Awareness Month, which Life Happens created and coordinates each year. Our goal remains the same: to educate more people about the importance of life insurance to protect their loved ones financially. Then, they are ready to take action and buy the coverage they need from you.
To celebrate this 20-year milestone, we’ve created a fresh campaign that you can use in myriad ways—online, in-person, on social media. Additionally, instead of using the voice of one LIAM spokesperson, we will be highlighting a chorus of voices—from the families featured in our most popular Real Life Stories over the years to influencers that represent the diverse voices in the communities we are working hard to reach.
This year's campaign theme is...
Life Insurance: For Anyone Who Lives
You might wonder if life insurance is worth it since you won’t be there to use it. But the truth is, life insurance isn’t for the people who die. It’s for the people who live.
From paying bills and the mortgage or rent, to funds for college and retirement, life insurance is for so much more than a funeral.
And many don’t know that life insurance can come with living benefits, including funds you can use while you’re alive to do things like buy a home, supplement your retirement income, cover an emergency expense and more.
Life insurance is for anyone who lives. Get the coverage you need today.
We've created content with variations on this theme, both with and without the living benefits component, so you can choose what works best for you.
Below you can explore and download the full array of resources featuring this year's theme.
If you have questions about your Life Happens Pro account or the content reach out to email@example.com.
LIAM 2023 Producer Webinar
Get a head start on planning for September's campaign by watching the LIAM Webinar for producers. We share an overview of all the new content and offer tips for making the most of these resources. We pre-recorded this webinar so you can watch any time that fits your schedule.
Start with the Marketing Guide
Plan for a successful Life Insurance Awareness Month by using this document with quick tips and campaign planning ideas.
Life Insurance: For Anyone Who Lives Theme
This evergreen theme—which can be used for LIAM and beyond—focuses on the message that life insurance isn’t for the people who die. It’s for the people who live. We’ve partnered with AAPI artist Sirin Thada to create custom illustrations and a poster print for this campaign that reflect the theme that life insurance is for anyone who lives.Get all the evergreen content Get the graphics and animations Get the emails and flyers Get the artwork Get the poster Living Benefits collection
Here are a few ways your company can plan to participate to get started:
- Friday, September 1: Join our video premiere on YouTube to kick off the month. Life Happens YouTube channel.
- Tuesday, September 5: Update your tech backgrounds to show your LIAM pride. Download screensavers for your desktop, tablet or phone. Update your tech backgrounds.
- Thursday, September 7: Wear green or your company’s colors to spread awareness during Life Insurance Action Day.
- Thursday, September 14 at 1 p.m. E: Join the LIAM Facebook Chat for a live discussion about life insurance. The questions are available on our blog in advance so you can pass your answers through company compliance beforehand if needed. See the questions.
- Thursday, September 21 at noon E: Join Life Happens and LIMRA for An Insiders’ View of the 2023 Insurance Barometer Study Webinar. We’ll take a behind-the-scenes look at the top trends in the life insurance industry, from online shopping to financial wellness and more. Register here.
- Tuesday, September 26: Close out the month by ordering a poster of our campaign-themed artwork by AAPI artist Sirin Thada. Order your poster.
Resources in Spanish
Peruse our selection of resources in Spanish including digital flyers, social media graphics, videos, animations and more.Get all the content in Spanish
Hispanic Heritage Month
Access all the content created to engage the Hispanic community with life insurance. Hispanic Heritage Month takes place each year from September 15 to October 15. The social media calendar is available in Spanish and English.Get the calendars Hispanic Heritage Month collection
Full Suite of LIAM Content
Access all the LIAM content. Resources include videos, flyers, social media graphics, email templates and more.Get all the LIAM content
Life Insurance Awareness Month Logos
Download the campaign logo to use in all your Life Insurance Awareness Month communications. Available in full color, black, and white, and in the following formats: JPEG, PNG and AI.Download the logos