As you may know, disability insurance is arguably the most misunderstood of all major insurances. To show you the impact we made together as an industry during May, we’re highlighting our top Disability Insurance Awareness Month campaign activities and results. This year’s campaign theme focused on: Rethink disabilities. Rethink disability insurance.
Chances are, if you live long enough, you will most likely experience a disability in your lifetime. That’s why disability insurance is so important. It provides a portion of your income if you’re unable to work. In fact, you can also call it income insurance.
Here are some of the highlights:
1. 143+ million impressions were generated in media coverage from five articles about Life Happens. Check out this one from Yahoo! Finance.
2. Life Happens’ Disability Insurance 101 video was watched by more than 41K unique viewers on YouTube.
3. Life Happens’ disability insurance needs calculator was visited online more than 5K times — a 148% increase from May 2021.
4. Company partners participated in the greater disability insurance conversation on social media, including New York Life, Colonial Life, Mutual of Omaha, Ameritas, Crump and more.
5. DIAM garnered 3.5+ million impressions on social media from more than 2,800 posts from agents, companies and consumers.
6. We released more than 100 assets on Life Happens Pro, including animations, flyers, graphics, Real Life Stories and more, to help agents and company partners educate consumers on disability insurance. And these resources are all evergreen, so you can keep using them throughout the year!
So many of you participated in this campaign by sharing our educational resources and informing consumers about the benefits of disability insurance. Without your support, this campaign would not have been as successful. Thank you!