Highlights from LIAM 2022
Life Happens created and coordinates the Life Insurance Awareness Month (LIAM) campaign every September to remind Americans about the importance of life insurance for their financial security. It’s a month when the industry comes together to share the message that getting life insurance is a simple and affordable way for consumers to protect the ones they love.
To show you the impact we made together, we’re highlighting our top Life Insurance Awareness Month campaign activities and results. This year’s campaign theme focused on: Life insurance—an easy decision.
Here are some of the highlights:
· Life Happens partnered with actress, producer, proud Puerto Rican and mother Roselyn Sánchez as our LIAM Spokesperson. She delivered the campaign message in English and Spanish for the first time, and her video public service announcements were viewed more than 1 million times.
· We garnered more than 634 million total impressions across all LIAM campaign touchpoints in September, including:
o 592+ million impressions from media coverage, including in top-tier Spanish publications like Hola! Magazine and People en Español. Other wins included articles in Yahoo! Money, Forbes and SheKnows. Check out more of our media coverage in News.
o 42+ million impressions from LIAM on social media, an increase of 21% compared to 2021. We even launched our new TikTok channel in September—give us a follow to see our latest videos!
o And more impressions from our consumer website, which saw a 54% increase in visitors compared to September 2021.
· Life Happens released our first Hispanic Heritage Month collection in tandem with a special report of the 2022 Insurance Barometer Study to help the industry speak directly to the Hispanic community about life insurance in both Spanish and English. We worked closely with our Diversity Advisory Group to create content that addresses common myths and misconceptions.
· In keeping with our commitment to educating all Americans, we offered two new permanent resources on our website now in Spanish: Life Insurance 101 and our Life Insurance Needs Calculator.
· In total, we created 150 educational assets for the campaign, with more resources in Spanish than ever before. You can find them all on Life Happens Pro, and Roselyn Sánchez’s spokesperson content can still be used through the end of the year.
We’ve created a recap with these highlights and more that you can easily share with your colleagues.
Click here to download the LIAM 2022 By the Numbers PDF
Thank you to each of you who participated in LIAM and shared our consumer education material during Life Happens’ biggest campaign of the year. We’re already looking forward to celebrating the 20th anniversary of Life Insurance Awareness Month next year! Mark your calendar for September 2023.